Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Remember Korea ~ Part 2

It's time for another post for my Korea memories. This time I want to write about the first offical weekend in Korea... that includes seeing Sasha, my high school friend, and JaSaBe's first hangout with Oppa and Erik Oppa ^^~

Homesick... in the first few days

How the hell is it possible to get homesick in a couple of days... let alone the first weekend in Korea? This was one weekend that I was so pissed about but looking back at it, it was really amusing. At that time I couldn't see it but now I realize it was just another roadblock that made Korea even more memorable. Well Sasha and I decided to meet at City Hall subway exit and he bought along two of his friends from the base, Kim and Rivera, and Jan and Beky came with me. We went to Dongdaemun for the first time and went shopping, that was our first shopping run and I LOVED it. The start of the shopping craze that never stopped until I left Korea ^^; We got hungry so we found a place to eat grilled meat... with... soju *^^* That was... quite interesting. I guess you can say we were buzzed after eating but Sasha and Kim were crunk. Such bad judgment on our behalf to drink and then go to Namsan Tower and as if it wasn't bad enough that Kim was drunk... it started raining. It wasn't light rain, it actually did start pouring on us. I will say that Namsan Tower so really nice, the view of Seoul was breathtaking and I wished I had gone back at least once before coming home. The fact we missed the subway was so... fustrating and that we only had ONE cell phone was even more annoying. We had to split into two groups since the taxis didn't let 6 people in one xD Because we didn't speak Korea, Sasha Rivera and I ened up getting dropped off the opposite side of Sinchon. HOW ANNOYING... jeez. The fact none of us spoke Korean to get direction was so bad but it's funny how the most Korean I spoke was that night... HAHAHHA -_-* Eventually after like hours of being lost my sister and Jan called me... the best phone call ever. I think Oppa was worried for me that night as well since I was so lost and scared that I didn't know who else to call. Oppa, you were always the one that made the situation better with your voice <3


The start of a loving friendship

This is one meeting I will never forget and I will always cherish as one of the my highlights. It was the day after our traumatizing Saturday night and it was definitely the fresh air we needed. That Sunday we went to MyeongDong Catholic Church with Oppa. The whole service was in Korean and it was like... what?! I knew what was going on but it was hard to focus since it was in Korean. After the mass, I guess Oppa had plans for us to meet a friend... I have to say is that Oppa was right on dot about the guys his dongseng Resa would like. We ending up meething his dongseng from school, Ui Hyun Oh aka Erik. This guy was cute in his own nerdy way... haha. So we went to eat lunch at a shabu shabu place which Jan and Resa treated everyone too ^^~ Then after we headed to Namdaemin to exchange money and Erik and Oppa wanted to take us to Hangeng River. We went on the bus for the first time and I think it's the most confusing thing ever... those line transfers and what not. The river was just a river... nothing exiting but it was fun since it was our first time. We all had banana milk for the first time as well, thanks to Erik ^^. I guess Erik and I clicked or something... Mainlanders and Islands... HAHAHAHAHA... inside joke ^^; Once we were done with the river we headed to Hongdae to go norebang. Erik ended up getting me a cute keychain before we went to nore... hahaha *^^* But anyways... it was was great day to end off a bad Saturday night and definetly the beginning of new adventures to come in Korea. Whaaa, I miss it already T_T
---> hangeng picture will come as soon as i find them <---

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 6, 2008 at 1:03 AM, Blogger Jan said...

You updated!! I love reading about Korea highlights, it takes me back ^^

That weekend was an interesting experience but we learned so much through it all. We were grown ups in a foreign place~ I'm sad that we didn't do the lock thing at Namsan and I'm more upset that I wasn't sane enough to enjoy the view :/

Omg, that banana milk... never again >:| But that day was nice~ hanging out with oppa is always awesome ^^ I miss it~

 
At July 4, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Blogger Jan said...

HAHA I think I can finally laugh about that night now ^^; Rivera and his obsession with touching my head when he was buzzed, watching Kim try to walk in a straight line and losing him at Namsan, and our hunt for directions to a nearby hotel.. only to be lead to the love shack district xD xD Then our first day trying to kick it like Korean girls, and going to potential date hotspots LOL We need to write a book about our experiences!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home