Sunday, September 14, 2008

One step at a time ♫

Night view of Seoul from Namsan Tower

It feels a little weird to be blogging in my Korea blog but I think it's time for one last post about it since it has almost been a month since I've been home. To be quite honest, I feel like it was just yesterday that I left Korea to go home. Everything that happened is still vivid in my mind and my heart. It really does seem like a dream, but it did happen.

Thinking back, I must say and agree... things do happen for a reason. Going to Korea is something I won't forget and it has made me grown up. I realize what is important in life and I hope it makes me more determined and focus for school. In order to go back to Korea, I have to finish school and I know that. With that in mind, I really have the push I needed and have been waiting for. So thank you to my parents for letting me go this summer.

But despite all that, I really miss everything back in Korea. It's not the "fun" that I am missing but the people. Yes, the Korean people I learned to grow so fond of and so comfortable around. Who would have thought that Resa would grow so attached to them in such a short period of time. They welcomed me with open arms and gave me memories that I won't ever forget. No matter the cultural differences, it was always warm and welcoming to be around them. It is something that I truly miss about Korea. Maybe with time, I'll be able to feel that way back at home. As each day as corny as it may sound, I do think about at least one person I met while I was there.

Being independent from my parents was also a new feeling that I grew to like. Learning to fend for myself and being strong has definitely opened my eyes to what I am capable of. It's strange coming back home to nagging parents after being so free for two whole months. I miss that a lot.

I ended up learning a lot about myself while I was there. It never occurred to me how much my personality can be overwhelming. It makes sense now... why some people can't handle me. They either like me or they hate me... the sad and bitter truth. I've also learned to show more of my emotions, it is okay to cry~ I've also has a tune up in my style, I am getting more girly... which is good. It helps me look more my age.

Last thing, I wasn't expecting to be on verge of falling for someone while I was there. Yes... I said it... falling. I think if I were there any longer, I would have fallen for him. I don't think either of us was expecting to like each other and before it was too late, we had both developed feelings. The feeling of being liked and taken care of was so nice. For the first time in one year and a half, I was feeling something that I haven't felt. Going on the limb of emotions, I started to really like him a lot and wanted to see him. Heck, he even gave up studying for his military test for me xD Things like this make life more exciting don't you think? I wish things were different, but it can't be helped. I am trying to move on but something keeps holding me back. Though it seems so unlikely, I think we'll both always have a little thing for each other. He was the guy I found in Korea and he was the girl he found that was American. How drama-like. In a way, I think I will always like him.

Attachment is what hurts the most. Sitting here patiently waiting for the part I left back in Korea~

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 15, 2008 at 1:00 AM, Blogger Jan said...

I know what you mean~ a day doesn't go by without Korea crossing my mind either. And now school is our main focus... 신동 화이팅! The trip itself was worthwhile - we covered much ground besides smtown and clubbing but there's always next time ^^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home